Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I Finally Caved!

I broke down and decided to join the "blog world!" With the help of my lovely sister, Jennifer, I did it! Yay! I have to admit I have been following a lot of blogs here lately, and to be quite honest, I am addicted! I am in no way an exciting person, I am quite boring, but I will do my best to make my not so interesting life seem interesting!

I work at an AT&T store and I must say I LOVE my job...most days anyway! I am also trying to graduate college, although I seem to be in no hurry what so ever! I am active in the college ministry at my church, which I love! I am addicted to retail therapy...big time! I shop a lot! Yes, I am going to see the movie Confessions of a Shopaholic! Last but certainly not least, I am an aunt to the world's sweetest, cutest, cuddliest, warmest, most precious baby boy ever, Brody! No, I am not partial! I love the little man so much! I often wonder what we used to talk about before Brody came along! He is the apple of his aunt Jilly's eyes!

So, did you have a good weekend? It was my sweet little mom's birthday on Saturday, so we had a little bash at Josh and Jennifer's house! It was a lot of fun! We had the best pizza from Mellow Mushroom, and the cutest cake from Rick's Bakery! One thing you will learn about my family is we love our Rick's Bakery cakes! They never fail on taste and appearance! Here are few pictures of the birthday girl! We love you, mom! I will do my best to post as often as I can! Hope you enjoy!
Mom and her ever so cute cake!

It was her first birthday as GiGi!

Dad, Brody, and Mom so cute in their green!

Me and the birthday girl! I didn't get the "wear green" memo!

Mom and Jennifer

Brody helped us sing Happy Birthday!

Brody and me

17 comments:

Julee said...

SO glad you caved!! Welcome to the blog world! This was a very good first post and I am sad I missed the bday party! I really like your moms hair after this last apt! Cant wait until your next post! Love you Aunt Jilly!

Jennifer said...

Yay! I'm so proud of you! You did great on your first post! How did Josh not end up in a single picture Saturday night? Haha!

Amanda said...

glad to meet you!

Kelly said...

Welcome to blog-world. There is no turning back now.
Nice to meet you.
Great post.

Immeasurably More Mama said...

Welcome to blogging, Jill! I can't wait to read more from you!

Lindsey said...

I got really excited when I saw Jen's blog and she said you started a blog. I love reading and keeping up with Jen, I can't wait to read your blog too! :)

Courtney said...

I enjoy reading Jennifer's blog and I'm definitely in agreement that you have an Adorable nephew :) Just thought I would say Welcome to the Bloggy World! Can't wait to read more!

KRISTEN'S PALACE said...

i love it already! & we are the same age, so we will get along just fine. lol. i'll add you to my list & you do the same. happy blogging. have a great day.

Kelly said...

Welcome to blogging - you will love it!!!!! You and Jennifer are so cute!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to blogland- I was going to say your family has some great looking cakes! :) Your little nephew is adorable- and your blog looks great!
Blessings!
Gail

The Williams' said...

I'm so happy to finally see you on here. I wondered how long it would be before you started blogging yourself. It really is addicting. I talk to your sister through comments quite often, and she seems just as sweet as you always were at Watson's. Speaking of that, I didn't know you were working at another AT&T store? Mary and Gary say that you were "The Best"! Talk to you soon!

Anonymous said...

Aw, Jill. So glad you got a blog! How've you been?

Wendy said...

I secretly stalk your sisters blog and am so glad you started one!! I want to know how you do your POOF! I try and mine never looks right! Yours looks cute in every pic!!! LOL

The Speight Family said...

Hey, Jill! I am Lea from Northeast Arkansas and have read your sisters blog (have never commented but they are such a cute family) after seeing it off Kelly's! I just started blogging last week! I too am addicted to reading them and would love to make some "online" friendships! All the girls that do it seem amazing even though I don't know any of them.

Please check out my blog - http://speightfamilyhappenings.blogspot.com. Would love to have some new Readers and Commenters! Haven't had any so far!

Jordan said...

Welcome to the blog world! Brody is an adorable little boy =]

Laura Ann said...

Welcome to the world of blogging...be warned...it is addicting.

I have kept up with Brody for a while now and he is the cutest.

Hope ya'll have power restored by now.

Brittany said...

I read your sister's blog from time to time and just wanted to give you a big ol' welcome!

Love your hair and clothes BTW!